Friday, August 21, 2009

The Move

So three weeks after Jesse's graduation I finished up my school year; the next week we moved. Now please recall that Jesse had just had a major surgery on his knee, so guess who was left to pack everything and move our entire house (and classroom)...that's right, yours truly! Luckily, I was successfully able to bribe some of the men in our ward with pizza to come and help. I might have played the "poor me" card for having a husband that was out of commission but, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. I also enlisted my mother- and father-in-law to come out and help. My mom had come out a few weeks prior and helped to pack a few big areas too. I think without their help I would have seriously considered using a match to the place. I was pretty fried.
Jesse adopted a new nick name throughout all of this: Princess. All he could do was lay on the couch, barely get to the bathroom by himself (which took at least 5 minutes to get up and going), and eat snacks out of the cooler I would pack for him each morning before work. Honestly, I felt bad for him. He was pretty miserable gaining residency on our couch and not able to do much of anything. He had all of the post-surgery symptoms: heavily medicated, sleepy, tired after 5 minutes of standing, and pretty much out of service. Poor guy.

Anyway, now we are settled in our new home in a town on the western side of the state. We found a 3 bedroom/ 2 bath house with an unfinished basement for about the same price as what we were paying in California. We've got plenty of room for visitors!

We live in the same town as Jesse's family so it is nice to finally be a part of everything that's going on. We were the black sheep for so long, living in California and being the only ones who weren't in Colorado. It's also been nice to be around our two nieces and two brand new nephews. Now, maybe they won't be afraid of us like they were before.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. We don't have Internet yet so I can only blog when I am at my in-laws' house. Getting pictures uploaded is a much bigger process now because I have to download them to my computer at home, then put them on a thumb drive and then upload them on the blog. Basically don't hold your breath because it will take a while.


No comments: