Friday, August 21, 2009

Briggs Update


So Briggs is having a lot of fun in Colorado. I bring him over to Jesse's parents' house when I come over. He has a lot of wiggle room and lots to play with there. They have three steer (which he is fascinated with), a sheep named Phil, two smaller dogs (small dogs are his favorite), and of course, "The Ladies" which are the chickens that he would love to get his paws on. Basically, he's in heaven!

Briggs is also the personal greeter, so when a car drives up he is right there to see who it is and say hello. He has no regard for vehicles; he doesn't realize that they are much bigger than he is and that they can do a lot of damage. So the other week he had his first real encounter with Jesse's dad's truck. Jesse's dad didn't know he was there and he backed up over Briggs' foot. He wasn't walking on it so I took him to the vet and he thinks that one of his bones may have been cracked. Like with our feet and toes, there isn't anything they can do so we left the vet with anti-inflammatory tablets to last two weeks.
Now, he is completely back to normal... walking, running, leaping just like before. The only thing is that I'm not completely sure he has learned to stay far away from moving vehicles.

1 comment:

Annabob said...

OUCH! Poor puppy!! I'm always afraid that something like that is going to happen to Jack, too.