The tradition in Jesse's family is that each year, on the kids' birthday, they get their very own cake to attack. The fun of it is, of course, to witness whether the approach of it's owner is the "dainty, courteous" approach, or the "no holds bar" approach. Anyway, after watching Jesse's sisters spend days each year making cakes for their children's birthdays over the years, I was a bit intimidated. I've never made a cake like this before! Luckily, I had my mom around to help give me the tips and tricks to decorating. I made a "practice cake" before I made Kylie's actual cake, and let me say, if you have the right tools, it's hard to screw one up.
So here is the cake I made for Kylie.
Everyone else got cupcakes because it was easier to do and I had to spend most of my time doing Kylie's cake. I did make Oreo ladybugs to top each cupcake though, and let me tell you, they were a huge hit! I just used the Wilton brand chocolate to dip the Oreos in and a little black decorator icing for the eyes, lines, and spots, and they were done. It was super easy and they are really yummy.



So as you can see, Kylie's cake-eating approach was to dig right in! Here is her after-cake-eating shot. (I love the icing beard!)
And here is my favorite picture of the day! My little cutie...She looks so sweet and innocent!
1 comment:
I love her cake and the cupcakes! So cute!!
She is adorable too!!
Post a Comment