So we had a good Easter, although, I noticed that I forgot to think like a kid when planning for a few key Easter details. (Does that make sense?) I forgot to get her an Easter basket! (That's right... I'm not the winner of the "Mom of the Year" Award for 2011.) I also didn't think about putting Easter eggs out for when she woke up in the morning. Anyway, hopefully I'll be better at thinking ahead about this stuff next year. It wasn't that I hadn't thought about it in the weeks prior to Easter... it just crept up on me and then, before I knew it, it was Easter and I was like, "Oh, I need to do that."
So, here are some photos:
Here is Kylie in her Easter dress.
After church, the Easter Bunny placed eggs on our small front lawn for Kylie.
Since she couldn't walk, Jesse and I took turns guiding her to each egg. She would grab them and immediately put them in her mouth. We had to shake her hand above her bucket so that she would drop them in and could collect more.
Here are all of the eggs that she gathered. Such hard work! And what were her eggs filled with?
"Puffs" of course! I had thought of putting new barrettes in them, but again, this was a thought about 2 weeks ahead of time and for some reason I thought I had plenty of time until Easter. Then before I knew it, it was Easter morning and because it was the Sabbath, I couldn't go get any. Luckily, we had "puffs!" :)
1 comment:
That's what I put in Benjamin's Easter eggs! He wasn't big enough to eat candy at Easter. He probably still isn't... no molars yet and most candy requires molars. They love puffs so they don't know the difference any way. Besides, have you ever tasted those things? I LOVE 'em! They should make them for adults... ;)
Post a Comment